Wednesday 15 June 2011

Jeff Fisher reflects on time as Titans' head coach


NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Former Tennessee Titans' head coach Jeff Fisher spoke with Nashville's News 2 Tuesday about his time spent with the organization and said he has no regrets.

The team announced in late January they would be parting ways with Fisher.

At the time he was NFL's longest-tenured head coach, having led the Titans for 16 years.

Tuesday, Fisher said he is at peace with the decision.

"[I] made a commitment to myself that if there was every a morning I didn't look forward to going to work and coaching I'd get out, and I had a morning like that and that was enough," Fisher said, adding, "The hardest part right now is you start to miss the players and the relationships."

Fisher, who continues to call Nashville home, said he is in great standing with the organization and has no regrets regarding choices that were made over the years.

"You move on, I have no regrets," he said.  "I had a great sense of peace when I made the decision. The hardest part was reminiscing as I was clearing out my office and then that last drive out of the facility was obviously an emotional one for me, but I had peace with everything."

As for the team's new coach, Mike Munchak, Fisher said it was an obvious choice.

"I knew Mike was qualified.  I felt like he was the best candidate for the job and I'm very, very glad they went that direction," he said.

"[Munchak] gets the up most respect from any player he has ever coached," Fisher continued.  "I think he's going to do a great job."

As for his future plans, Fisher said he has no plans of coaching at any level next year, but would eventually like to get back on the field.

"I think the situation has to be right.  I was fortunate over the years to be in the position to be surrounded by good people," he said, adding, "I have one thing left to accomplish as head coach, but again it has to be the right place the timing has to be right."

On Saturday, Fisher will host his annual celebrity softball tournament at Greer Stadium.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More